The Somali Embassy continues to offer passport services during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on a case by case basis. We are no longer able to see clients for passport processing in person; except in an emergency situation.
VISITING THE EMBASSY DURING COVID-19
- You MUST have an appointment to visit the embassy for passport processing only.
- Please DO NOT bring friends or family members to your appointment. If you are applying for a child passport, only one parent can accompany the child.
- You MUST fill out the application prior to your appointment.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. Security arrangements at the Embassy do not allow you to enter the building prior to your appointment time.
- You must bring and wear a mask. We will ask you to remove your mask briefly to confirm your identity and for passport photos.
- You may be asked to wash or sanitize your hands before commencing your interview.
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. Please do not attend the embassy if you are ill or if you have had recent exposure to someone who is ill.