RENEWAL of passports applies to passports issued after 2013.
Requirements for all applicants:
- Proof of a VALID United States citizenship and/or residency: passport, citizenship certificate, or Green-Card
as well as a VALID government issued ID.
- OR proof of VALID legal stay document: immigration documents to the United States of America.
Applicant(s)/Guardians of minors must make an appointment prior to arriving at the embassy.
Applicant(s) and minors along with guardians/parents must apply and interview at the embassy in person.
Passport processing days and times are:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 11:00am to 2:00pm Eastern Standard
Passport Pick up days and times are:
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 11am - 2:00pm Eastern Standard Time .
Passport application fees:
- Adults: $150 per passport.
- Child (under 15 years old): $95 per passport.
- ONLY money order and/or cashier check accepted.
Estimated Processing time:
- New Passports 4 - 6 weeks.
[Please note that all passport renewals and ‘NEW’ passports are processed in Somalia and not at the Embassy.]
Is there an expedited service available?
- Not at this time.
IMPORTANT: The process and steps for applying for a passport at the Embassy does not guarantee the applicant a passport from The Federal Republic of Somalia.